5th Grade Fractions Bundle - Add, Subtract, Multiply, & Divide - Printable
Use visual models along with the standard algorithm and area models to quickly and effectively teach your students how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers with this comprehensive printable resource pack.
With 21 mini-lessons, (6 adding and subtracting fractions, 5 adding and subtracting mixed numbers, 6 multiplying fractions, and 4 dividing fractions) you will have plenty of resources to teach your student how to solve problems using fraction operations.
Using models, students will have a more hands-on approach to “see” what it looks like to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions. These models will help reinforce the use and understanding of the standard algorithm. It’s great for kinesthetic learners as well as students that may struggle with memorizing algorithms.
This resource is complete, comprehensive, and easy to follow with a clear format. It is low-prep, easy to assign to a sub, and contains engaging printable activities. If your students are struggling conceptually, this resource is for you!
Standards: 5.NF.1, 5.NF.2, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.4a, 5.NF.4b, 5.NF.6, 5.NF.7, 5.NF.7a, 5.NF.7b, 5.NF.7c, 6.NS.1
Download the preview file to see more details.
How Can You Use This?
Introduce each skill with the detailed set of notes and sample problems. I suggest doing this in a whole group setting and displaying the PDF or pulling the slides up on a Smartboard if you’re in person, or share the screen online if you’re teaching virtually.
Gradually release students to practice independently using the practice pages.
When all skills have been taught, provide additional practice and review using the set of printable or task cards (Add/Subt Fractions & Mixed numbers only), then assess with the final quizzes for each skill when you feel students are ready.
What You Get
- Fraction Notes Pages for Finding the Least Common Multiple, Simplifying Fractions, and Converting Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Add Fractions with Like Denominators
- Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
- Add Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using Visual Models
- Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using Visual Models
- Add Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using the Standard Algorithm
- Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using the Standard Algorithm
- Add Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
- Add Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators (without Renaming)
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators (with Renaming)
- Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers with Visual Models
- Multiply Fractions by Fractions with Visual Models
- Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers and Fractions Using the Standard Algorithm
- Multiply Mixed Numbers with Area Models
- Multiply Mixed Numbers Using the Standard Algorithm
- Multiply Fractions Word Problems
- Divide Unit Fractions by Whole Numbers with Visual Models
- Divide Whole Numbers by Unit Fractions with Visual Models
- Divide Fractions Using the Standard Algorithm
- Divide Fractions with Word Problems
What You’ll Get in EACH of the mini-lessons:
- Detailed Notes
- Sample Problems
- Practice Pages
- Homework Pages (In select Multiplying Fractions Minilessons)
- Exit Tickets (2+ *The amount varies depending on the mini-lesson*)
You’ll Also Get:
- Task Cards (review) - Add/Subtract Fractions and Add/Subtract Mixed Numbers Only
- Quiz (assessment)
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Love how this made my teaching life easier and totally supported my students' learning. - Denise G.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I absolutely loved this resource for my 5th graders. Worked great for whole group and independent practice! - Casey F.