5th Grade Fractions Bundle - Add, Subtract, Multiply, & Divide - Digital & Printable
Use visual models along with the standard algorithm and area models to quickly and effectively teach your students how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers with this comprehensive printable & digital resource pack.
With 21 mini-lessons, (6 adding and subtracting fractions, 5 adding and subtracting mixed numbers, 6 multiplying fractions, and 4 dividing fractions) you will have plenty of resources to teach your student how to solve problems using fraction operations.
Using models, students will have a more hands-on approach to “see” what it looks like to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions. These models will help reinforce the use and understanding of the standard algorithm. It’s great for kinesthetic learners as well as students that may struggle with memorizing algorithms.
This resource is complete, comprehensive, and easy to follow with a clear format. It is low-prep, easy to assign to a sub, and contains engaging printable activities and digital versions for use with Google Classroom. If your students are struggling conceptually, this resource is for you!
Standards: 5.NF.1, 5.NF.2, 5.NF.4, 5.NF.4a, 5.NF.4b, 5.NF.6, 5.NF.7, 5.NF.7a, 5.NF.7b, 5.NF.7c, 6.NS.1
Download the preview file to see more details.
How Can You Use This?
Introduce each skill with the detailed set of notes and sample problems. I suggest doing this in a whole group setting and displaying the PDF or pulling the slides up on a Smartboard if you’re in person or share the screen online if you’re teaching virtually.
Gradually release students to practice independently using the practice pages or slides activities.
When all skills have been taught, provide additional practice and review using the set of printable or digital task cards (Add/Subt Fractions & Mixed numbers only), then assess with the final quizzes when you feel students are ready.
What You Get
- Fraction Notes Pages for Finding the Least Common Multiple, Simplifying Fractions, and Converting Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Add Fractions with Like Denominators
- Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators
- Add Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using Visual Models
- Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using Visual Models
- Add Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using the Standard Algorithm
- Subtract Fractions with Unlike Denominators Using the Standard Algorithm
- Add Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
- Add Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators (without Renaming)
- Subtract Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators (with Renaming)
- Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers with Visual Models
- Multiply Fractions by Fractions with Visual Models
- Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers and Fractions Using the Standard Algorithm
- Multiply Mixed Numbers with Area Models
- Multiply Mixed Numbers Using the Standard Algorithm
- Multiply Fractions Word Problems
- Divide Unit Fractions by Whole Numbers with Visual Models
- Divide Whole Numbers by Unit Fractions with Visual Models
- Divide Fractions Using the Standard Algorithm
- Divide Fractions with Word Problems
What You’ll Get in EACH of the mini-lessons:
- Detailed Notes
- Sample Problems
- Practice Pages
- Homework Pages (In select Multiplying Fractions Minilessons)
- Exit Tickets (2+ *The amount varies depending on the mini-lesson*)
You’ll Also Get:
- Task Cards (review) - Add/Subtract Fractions and Add/Subtract Mixed Numbers Only
- Quiz (assessment)
***All Digital activities are in Google Slides and Google Forms***
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This resource has been one of the best purchases I made this year. Being in DL, I have a hard time finding time to write my lessons. This resource was not only a timesaver but also a lifesaver! It is developed very well and the videos are wonderful to have. Students who are working at home or miss a Zoom meeting can teach themselves by watching these easy to follow recorded instructions. Thank you for having this available to us! - Rainbow Learning Materials
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a great resource to use for fractions with my class. There were options to support and supplement learning from the curriculum. The models for each operation are a great tool for all students. Students were engaged, even independently. I liked having digital and printable options. - Paige D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Truly, I could not recommend this product enough. This is a wonderful product for distance learners who have had very limited access to math manipulatives this year - Jean B.