Decimal Operations Resource Bundle - Printable
Use visual models along with the standard algorithm and area models to quickly and effectively teach your students how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals with this comprehensive printable resource pack.
With 11 mini-lessons, (2 adding and subtracting decimals, 3 multiplying decimals, and 6 dividing decimals - 5 using the standard algorithm and one with visual models) you will have plenty of resources to teach your student how to solve problems using decimal operations.
Using visual models, students will have a more hands-on approach to “see” what it looks like to add, subtract, and multiply decimals as well as divide decimals using tenths and hundredths. These models will help reinforce the use and understanding of the standard algorithm. It’s great for kinesthetic learners as well as students that may struggle with memorizing algorithms.
This resource is complete, comprehensive, and easy to follow with a clear format. It is low-prep, easy to assign to a sub, and contains engaging printable activities. If your students are struggling conceptually, this resource is for you!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS): 5.NBT.7
Download the preview file to see more details.
Introduce each skill with the detailed set of notes and sample problems. I suggest doing this in a whole group setting and displaying the PDF or pulling the slides up on a Smartboard if you’re in person or share the screen online if you’re teaching virtually.
Gradually release students to practice independently using the practice pages.
When all skills have been taught, provide additional practice and review using the set of printable or task cards or Task Tents™, then assess with the final quizzes for each skill when you feel students are ready.
What You Get
- Adding Decimals
- Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Multiplying Decimals by Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals Using Area Models
- Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Dividing Whole Numbers by Decimals
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with the same # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with a different # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals in which you have to annex a zero in the dividend
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals using a visual model
- Detailed Notes
- Sample Problems
- Practice Pages
- 2 Homework Pages (Dividing Decimals Only)
- Exit Tickets (2+ *The amount varies depending on the mini-lesson*)
- Task Cards (review) - Multiplying & Dividing Decimals Only
- Task Tents™ (review) - Adding/Subtracting & Multiplying Decimals Only
- Quiz (assessment)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Life saver! Our program doesn't offer a lot of extra practice opportunities so this was amazing to be able to go and pull what we need and it is super kid friendly. Nothing tricky about it. - Molly P.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students used this resource for in-class support and for homework. It was very accessible. Thank you! - Lauren K.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A great opportunity for lots of practice with each operation. - Jessica E.