Dividing Decimals - Visual Models Included - Digital
Use visual models along with the standard algorithm to quickly and effectively teach your students how to divide decimals with this comprehensive digital resource pack.
With 6 mini-lessons, (5 using the standard algorithm, and one with visual models) you will have plenty of resources to teach your student how to solve every type of decimal division problem.
Using visual models, students will have a more hands-on approach to “see” what it looks like when dividing decimals using tenths and hundredths in addition to the various types of problems with the standard algorithm. It’s great for kinesthetic learners as well as students that may struggle with memorizing algorithms.
This resource is complete, comprehensive, and easy to follow with a clear format. It is low-prep and easy to assign to a sub and contains engaging activities using Google Slides and Google Forms. If your students are struggling conceptually, this resource is for you!
Standards Included: 5.NBT.7
This resource is also part of my 5th Grade Math Year-Long Curriculum Bundle.
How Can You Use This?
Introduce each skill with the detailed set of notes and sample problems in Google Slides. I suggest doing this in a whole group setting and pulling the slides up on a Smartboard if you’re in person or share the screen online if you’re teaching virtually.
Gradually release students to practice independently using the practice slides. There are 4 activities provided to allow for plenty of practice independently or in small groups.
When all skills have been taught, provide additional practice and review using the set of digital task cards, then assess with the final quiz when you feel students are ready.
What You Get
The 6 Mini-Lessons Included:
- Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Dividing Whole Numbers by Decimals
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with the same # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals (with a different # of decimal places in the dividend and divisor)
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals in which you have to annex a zero in the dividend
- Dividing Decimals by Decimals using a visual model
What You’ll Get in EACH of the 3 mini-lessons:
- Detailed Notes (Google Slides)
- Sample Problems (Google Slides)
- 4 practice activities (Google Slides)
- Exit Tickets (2-4 *The amount varies depending on the mini-lesson*) - Google Forms
You’ll Also Get:
- 16 Task Cards (review) - Google Forms
- Quiz (assessment) - Google Forms
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Students love the movement of this activity. I loved seeing their thought process. Used this for an online observation and worked so well! - Marely N.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a great resource....worth the money. I liked that my students had a way to "show" their work when solving the problems. I used this product when we were 100% virtual as independent practice. - Valerie L.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Just what I needed. It helped me be able to show students the models since we didn’t have live models to use. Students are very savvy on technology so they caught on really easily and this helped them so much. - Shanna B.