This digital and printable resource pack contains detailed notes, student practice pages, and 4 sets of differentiated task cards for teaching fraction line plots.
What You Get:
Plotting Fractions on a Line
- Notes Page on Setting Up a Fraction Line Plot
- Notes on Interpreting the Information to Answer Questions
- Practice page: Blades of Grass
Plotting Fractions on a Line Using Equivalent Fractions
- Notes Pages
- Practice Activity: Bag of Nuts
- Independent Practice Activity: Walking
- (4 Sets) for Differentiation and Centers
- Notes and Practice in Google Slides
- Tutorial Videos included in each mini-lesson
- Task Cards in Google Forms
Introduce line plots with fractions with the instructional pages:
- the first set is for plotting on a line that does not require students to make equivalent fractions on the plot (and one practice page)
- the second set explains how to plot fractions on a line that does require equivalent fractions (and 2 practice pages)
Use the differentiated (color-coded) task cards to allow for student practice and assessment. You can split your class up by mastery, use them in small groups, etc. Students are given a story problem and have to plot the data provided on a line plot, then answer 8 task card questions about the line plot.
Answer Keys Included.